Sunday, March 15, 2015

Hi.

So. Here we are. Again.

It has been a really long time since I blogged a blog. Actually, I just realized it when I logged back in to Blogger that I started in 2005, so 10 years. Wow. I did this blogging thing what feels like a lifetime ago, and in some ways is - before I had a child, and then two; back when just about everything I did was about me and little else. I was once quoted in an article in the Washington Post because I wrote an entire blog about how much I hate the Winter Olympics and this apparently reflected some sort of larger, national trend of growing disinterest in the winter games. That was fun, being a touchstone for Olympics hatred.

So very much has happened since I did this that I don't know where to begin. We've created two adorable people, bought another house, sold that house, moved across the state, and are hopefully about to move back from whence we came. We've lost loved ones, met incredible new people, traveled, played games, and learned, and I'd be remiss to say it hasn't been an amazing few years.

I wish I'd done more to document what we've done and who has said what, more than with a simple Facebook check-in or a well-timed Tweet. So that when life tumbles forward with so much speed and fury, and I suddenly realize 10 years has passed, I can turn to something tangible and remember these events as more than a hazy blur of Elsa and Minecraft and little league and ballet recitals and slumber parties and think, "Yes, I almost forgot that, but here it is."

Also, Grapes and Beans refers to wine and coffee, neither of which I could do without. I also drink a lot of water, just in case you're worried about my liver.

I still hate the Winter Olympics, by the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment